Enhance the performance of your golf course irrigation system
Rain Bird Swing Joints are designed to deliver the performance you expect while saving you money with their superior flow characteristics and excellent structural integrity. Available in a wide range of configurations, Rain Bird® Swing Joints are the perfect complement to our golf series rotors.
Find the ideal solution for your swing joint needs by launching our swing joint configurator.
- Superior flow characteristics through an innovative swept elbow design that reduces pressure loss by over 50% compared to other swing joints. With an available enlarging outlet or reducing outlet (no additional adapters required), you can save money using smaller diameter swing joints with many larger rotor heads.
- Excellent structural integrity from the swept-elbow design reduces the costs associated with fatigue-related failures.
- Double O-ring protection provides a better seal, ensuring joints are kept clean and can be repositioned more easily. When Rain Bird swing joints are assembled underwater, a unique pressure-relieving vent bypasses trapped water from the joint threads, preventing O-ring damage or extrusion.
- Modified ACME outlet improves safety by losing seal engagement before losing thread engagement during rotor removal. This provides a visual indication that the system is still under pressure.
- Color-coding and distinct size markings reduce costs by eliminating errors and improving installation efficiency with quick size identification at the job site.
- Enlarging outlet swing joints are easily identified with a separate color-coded outlet.
- Threaded inlets are oversized, making hand tightening and blind installations (underwater) easier. This also reduces the risk of potential damage caused by over-tightening with a wrench.
- An available triple-top outlet configuration allows for easier adjustments when turf height changes or rotors settle. It also provides greater flexibility in setting the rotor to the grade.
ALSO AVAILABLE: NPT and BSP ACME Adapters
If you currently have NPT or BSP swing joints, you can now enjoy the benefits of ACME‑threaded rotors by utilizing a Rain Bird NPT‑ACME or BSP‑ACME side of the adapter. Just screw the adapter into the inlet on the ACME case, and then screw the rotor with the adapter onto the NPT or BSP swing joint until it is snug.
Available for 1", 1¼", and 1½" swing joints, the adapter adds only about 1 3/8" to the installed height of the rotor, and is rated at the same operating pressures as Rain Bird Swing Joints.
- 1" (2.5 cm), 1¼" (3.2 cm), and 1½" (3.8 cm)
Lay Arm Lengths:
- 8" (20.3 cm), 12" (30.5 cm), and 18" (45.7 cm)
- NPT, BSP, ACME, and spigot
Outlet Thread Type:
- NPT, BSP, or ACME
Enlarging NPT, BSP or ACME Outlets:
- Available on 1" (2.5 cm) and 1¼" (3.2 cm) swing joints for connections to many rotors with 1¼" (3.2 cm) and 1½" (3.8 cm) inlet sizes respectively (no additional adapters required)
- Standard side or top-mount connections to lateral lines
- Single-top or triple-top for added rotor positioning flexibility
- 315 psi (21.7 bar) at 73˚F (22.8˚C)
Reducing ACME Inlet:
- Available on 1¼" (3.2 cm) diameter swing joints for connection to a 1½" (3.8 cm) ACME service tee
Superior Flow Characteristics.
- An innovative swept elbow design reduces pressure loss by up to 50 percent over other swing joints.
Excellent Structural Integrity.
- Reduces the costs associated with fatigue‑related failures.
Double O-ring Protection.
- Provides a better seal to ensure that joints are kept clean and can be repositioned easily.
Modified ACME Outlet.
- Improves safety by losing seal engagement before losing thread engagement during rotor removal.
Color-coding and Distinct Size Markings.
- Reduce costs by eliminating errors and improving installation efficiency with quick size identification at the job site.
Oversized Threaded Inlets.
- Make hand-tightening and blind installations (underwater) easier. This also reduces the risk of potential damage caused by over‑tightening with a wrench.
- When used with Rain Bird golf rotors, extends rotor and swing joint warranty to five years.