Rain Bird offers two Weather Station options to help meet your course’s unique irrigation management needs. Both WS‑PRO2 and the WS-PRO LT provide evapotranspiration (ET) management and reporting capabilities; while only the WS-PRO2 offers optional intelligent alarm and irrigation control responses through Rain Bird’s powerful Smart Weather™ software.
- Superior ET Model. Rain Bird’s Central Control Systems use weather sensor input to determine ET rates based upon a field‑proven proprietary equation for ET.
- Automatic ET Download/Selective Usage. Automatically download weather data daily and calculate ET to determine irrigation times for the entire system or specific areas, holes or stations.
- ET Override. Allows you to easily set certain programs to ignore ET values when determining run times.
- Rain Bucket. Allows rainfall from one day to be carried over to the following day(s) for more accurate ET calculations.
- Multiple Station Capacity. Connect up to five (5) weather stations to one central control system for more precise ET values based upon different weather conditions around the golf course.
- Max Rainfall. User-defined maximum rainfall can be set to limit the amount of acceptable rainfall for clay soil types or other areas that are subject to high run-off.
- Weather Data Reports. Generate reports to show current or past weather conditions by the hour, day, week, month or year.
- Unlimited Data Storage. Store unlimited weather data at the central control.
- Multiple Languages. Choose from 10 different languages (English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish or Chinese).
- English or Metric Measurement Units. Select between English or Metric units of measure.
- The WS-PRO2 Weather Station goes a step further by working with the central control system, generating alarms for:
- High or Low Ambient Temperatures
- High Winds
- Rainfall Intensity
- These alarms exceed user-defined thresholds in user‑defined time periods. The system will reset alarms automatically when temperature, rain or wind conditions are again within acceptable ranges for irrigation.
- Automatic Shut Off/Turn On. Rain Bird Central Control Systems automatically shut OFF irrigation to the entire system or to specific areas only (tee box, fairway, green, etc.) when alarm conditions are detected at the weather station. They also automatically turn ON irrigation when weather conditions return to the acceptable range for irrigation.
- Automatic Pause/Resume. Rain Bird Central Control Systems automatically suspend irrigation to the entire system or specific areas only (tee box, fairway, greens, etc.) when alarm conditions are detected by the weather station. They also automatically resume irrigation when weather conditions return to the acceptable range for irrigation.
- Automatic Notification. The WS-PRO2 Weather Station, using Rain Bird® Messenger,™ can automatically notify you wherever you are, at the central control or via paging, text messaging or e-mail when alarm conditions exist.
|Compatible Modules||Automatic ET • Multiple Weather Station||Automatic ET • Multiple Weather Station Smart Weather™ Alarms • Smart Messenger|
|Communication System||Short Haul||Short Haul|
|Transmission Range||Short Haul = 20,000 ft (6,096 m)||Short Haul = 20,000 ft (6,096 m)|
|Power Supply Required||16 to 2 VDC||9.5 to 16 VDC|
|Optional Power Supplies||—||Solar Panel|
|Air Temperature Sensor Range||-40° to 122°F (-40° to 50° C)||-13° to 122°F (-25° to 50°C)|
|Air Temperature Sensor Accuracy||±0.9°F (±0.5°C)||±2.7°F (±1.5°C)|
|Relative Humidity Sensor Range||0 – 100%||0 – 100%|
|Relative Humidity Sensor Accuracy||±5% – 90% to 100% RH
±3% – 10% to 95% RH
|±6% – 90% to 100% RH
±3% – 0% to 90% RH
|Rain Gauge Sensor Resolution||0.04" (1mm)||0.01" (0.25 mm)|
|Solar Radiation Sensor Accuracy||±2.5%||±3%|
|Wind Direction Sensor Range||350° mechanical • 352° electrical||350° mechanical • 356° electrical|
|Wind Direction Sensor Accuracy||—||±4°|
|Wind Speed Sensor Starting Threshold||0.78 ms-1 (1.75 mph)||0.4 ms-1 (0.9 mph)|