Hydraulic Suction Scanning Screen Filter
The High Performance Standard in Scanning Filtration
Rain Bird’s IMI-Series Hydraulic Suction Scanning Screen Filter provides worry free high-flow rate filtered water quality. Powered by source line water pressure, the filter’s backwashing system produces a concentrated high velocity reverse water flow to systematically clean the mesh screen of any entrapped contaminants. Models are available as a filter unit only, or as a filter assembly including bypass plumbing and valves for fast and easy installation on site.
The unit consists of two stages of filtration, a coarse screen pre-filter and a stainless steel fine screen. Suspended solids accumulate on the inner surface of the fine screen, building up a filter layer which eventually restricts the filter and creates a pressure differential. Once the pressure differential reaches a preset level a rinse cycle is initiated by the Rain Bird supplied controller. The solids are removed from the fine screen using a concentrated backwashing method which aggressively sucks the accumulated dirt off the screen where it is carried to drain via the rinse valve. The dirt collector rotates while it moves linearly, ensuring the entire screen is cleaned each cycle. The process takes a matter of seconds, without interruption of system flow.
- Available as filter only (no bypass plumbing) or as a complete assembly with bypass plumbing and valves for easy installation
- Heavy-duty, durable, SS woven wire mesh screen filtration element with PVC support is supplied standard. Other screen constructions, including multi-layer sintered SS and wedgewire, are optionally available upon request.
- Standard flow rates from 400 to 5,000 gpm
- Standard maximum operating pressure of 150 PSI (higher pressures optionally available)
- Filtered, clean water backwashing initiated automatically by time or pressure differential via integrated Rain Bird controller
- Flanged inlet and outlet standard. Grooved inlet and outlet configuration optionally available