Fouling of pipes and heat exchanging surfaces lowers the thermal efficiency of the system, which increases the friction losses, induces erosion, corrosion, and energy waste while increasing the demand for a higher flow rate.
- Problems include plugging of spray nozzles, blinding of sensors, analyzers, wearing down of pump gland seals, scrubbers, misters, membranes, and ion exchanger columns.
- Causes unscheduled shutdowns for maintenance and cleaning, and the loss of operating efficiency.
Rain Bird self-cleaning water filters provide the ultimate solution where Petro-Chem water is a problem:
- The filters operate on line pressure alone.
- The self-cleaning process is triggered by a pressure differential and is accomplished in seconds without interrupting the main flow.
- The filters are compact in size.
- ASME code stamp vessels are also available as an option.