Easy to Install Automatic Sprinkler System
If you are tired of hassling with hose and sprinklers and getting poor results from manual watering, this new automatic system is a perfect solution. The first professional-grade Rain Bird sprinkler system designed for homeowner installation, it provides everything you need to keep your lawn green season after season while saving water.
The system attaches to any outside faucet and includes six high-efficiency rotary sprinklers with patented Rain Curtain™ nozzle technology. The same sprinklers used in professionally installed systems worldwide, these rugged sprinklers deliver a rotating curtain of water with large droplets that fall quickly to avoid windblown overspray and to cover evenly from head to perimeter for reduced overall watering time. Simple adjustments for spray rotation and distance help you keep the water on your lawn and off the house, sidewalk, and driveway.
Controlling the sprinklers is Rain Bird's heavy-duty timer with a large readout screen and simple scroll settings for automatic watering any day of the week and up to two times per day. Flexible scheduling allows customizing your settings for specific needs such as watering slopes where two short cycles will allow the water to soak in better, avoiding runoff waste. The timer also features manual buttons for "Water Now" and "Cancel" watering without affecting the program. An illustrated manual shows the 5-step installation process as well as example sprinkler placements for different lawn areas.
- Patented system design waters your lawn automatically the whole season
- Eliminates constant hassling with hose and sprinkler adjustments
- Attaches to your outside faucet and installs in a weekend
- Sprinklers retract into the lawn for a clean, uncluttered appearance and easier mowing
- Complete kit includes timer, six high efficiency rotary sprinklers plus tubing and connectors
- Self draining to avoid freeze damage in colder months
- Covers medium size lawn areas from 1000 - 3000 sq. ft., with average residential water pressure and flow
- Provides uniform coverage, even close to the sprinkler heads, reducing overall watering time
- Wind-resistant Rain Curtain™ nozzle technology reduces overspray and saves water
- Easily adjustable coverage pattern and distance using a flat blade screwdriver
- Avoids overwatering with easy-to-set schedules that help you meet the moisture needs of your yard
- Easy to program automatic timer helps you comply with local watering restrictions
- Rain Delay feature suspends watering from 1 hour to 4 days without affecting stored program
- System is not designed for expansion. Adding any additional tubing length or additional rotors may impact system performance including reduced spray distance, rotor non-rotation, and rotors not popping up to water.
- The elevation of the yard cannot be greater than 6 ft. from the hose bibb to any sprinkler head in order to ensure proper operation of the system.
- (6) Rain Bird professional grade ½" inlet adjustable rotary sprinklers
- (1) Rain Bird 1ZEHTMR Automatic Watering Timer
- 125' coil of distribution tubing
- (6) threaded male tee fittings
- (2) ½" barbed tee fittings
- (1) ½" barbed coupling
- (2) ½" barbed elbows
- Barbed fitting insertion tool
- Faucet connection kit
- Drain valve components (2 automatic drain valves, 2 compression couplings, 2 drain valve adapters)
- (6) stakes and cable ties
- Roll of PTFE tape
- Rotor adjustment tool/screwdriver
- (1) ½" male-female elbow fitting
- (1) adapter, ½" male pipe thread to ½" tubing
- (12) additional sprinkler nozzles (1.0 gpm and 1.5 gpm)
- Maximum spray distance: 32 ft.
- Maximum coverage area: 3000 sq ft (depends on sprinkler placement and water pressure/flow)
- Rectangular watering area with proper head-to-head coverage: 512 sq. ft. at 6 gpm, 800 sq. ft. at 8 gpm, 1152 sq. ft. at 10 gpm
- Maximum watering area with all heads set to full circle pattern: 3050 sq. ft. at 6 gpm, 4845 sq. ft. at 8 gpm, 6936 sq. ft. at 10 gpm
- Recommended water pressure: 40-75 psi
- Minimum water flow: 6 gallons per minute (gpm)
- Sprinkler type: pop-up gear drive rotor
- Sprinkler throw distance (adjustable): 16' – 24'
- Sprinkler coverage patterns (adjustable): 40° to 360°
- Sprinkler location: below ground
- Working temperature: 32°F (min) - 110°F (max), timer should not be exposed to below freezing temperatures (32°F)