Electric Suction Scanning Screen Filter
High Performance Precision Scanning
Rain Bird’s IME-Series Suction Scanning Screen Filter provides worry free high-flow rate filtered water quality. Powered by source line water pressure and an electrical drive motor, the filter’s backwash system produces a concentrated high velocity reverse water flow to precisely clean the screen of any entrapped contaminants. Unique to this design, Rain Bird has eliminated potentially troublesome limit switches (for reversing the drive mechanism) and implemented a reversing mechanism that is simple and higher in reliability than other units on the market today. Models are available as a filter unit only, or as a filter assembly including bypass plumbing and valves for fast and easy installation on site.
The standard Rain Bird control system consists of a programmable logic controller, a differential pressure switch, electric drive motor, and a solenoid actuated flush valve. The differential pressure switch monitors inlet and outlet pressures and comes factory preset to 7 psi. The housing mounted solenoid actuated flush valve and electric drive motor are activated by the controller when the differential pressure exceeds 7 psi. The filtration system is automatically monitored and controlled either on elapsed time since the last cleaning cycle or pressure differential (user definable). If timed cleaning cycles are utilized, the system will automatically default to a backwash based on differential pressure if a 7 psi differential pressure is reached before the next timed cleaning cycle. Standard Rain Bird automatic controls are available for 115 VAC and 230 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz (user-configurable) single phase power.
- Available as filter only (no bypass plumbing) or as a complete assembly with bypass plumbing and valves for easy installation
- Heavy-duty, durable, SS multi-layer sintered screens supplied standard.
- Standard SS multi-layer sintered screens are supplied.
- Standard flow rates from 200 to 4,000 GPM
- Standard maximum operating pressure of 150 PSI (higher pressures optionally available)
- Filtered, clean water backwashing initiated automatically by time or pressure differential via integrated Rain Bird OMNI 4000 controller
- Flanged inlet and outlet standard. Grooved inlet and outlet configuration optionally available