5000 Series Rotors
Unmatched Performance for Residential and Light Commercial Applications from 25' to 50'
Relax with the knowledge your landscape is
being watered by reliable 5000 Series Rotors
and industry-leading Rain Curtain
Rain Bird® 5000 Series Rotors are ideal for
medium to large-size lawns and evenly distribute
water from 25 to 50 feet.
5000 Series Rotors with Rain Curtain Technology
are engineered to deliver a uniform spray pattern,
giving you superior distribution uniformity and a consistently greener lawn with less water. Get even greater savings with optional in-stem pressure regulation (PRS).
Superior Wind Resistance
The larger water droplets produced by Rain Curtain
technology prevent misting and airborne
evaporation so the right amount of water is delivered
to the right place, saving you water and money.
Superior Close-in Watering
Gentle close-in watering eliminates dry spots around
the rotor, prevents seed washout and allows the turf
to grow healthy with no matting or bending.
The reliability and performance of the 5000 Series is available with these great optional features. Click below to learn more.
Rain Curtain Nozzle Technology
- Rain Curtain Nozzles standard on all 5000 Series Rotors
- Large water droplets for greater wind resistance
- Effective close-in watering
- Even distribution over the entire radius
- Tree of nozzles including four low angle (angle of trajectory 10°) and eight standard angle Rain Curtain Nozzles (angle of trajectory 25°) provides 25' to 50' (7.6m to 15.2m) distance of throw
- Self-aligning nozzles
Installation and Maintenance
- Slip clutch mechanism for quick adjustment on installation
- Faster maintenance with a new self-cleaning arc adjustment screw
- The 5000 Plus features a flow shut-off device to stop the flow of water to a particular head while the system is still in operation
- Top-adjust arc adjustment requiring only a flathead screwdriver
- Radius adjustment screw allows up to 25% radius reduction without changing nozzles
- 5000 in 4", 6" and 12" available in shrub or in stainless steel
- 5000 Series 4" and 6" models available in stainless steel
- Award-winning MPR nozzle set simplifies design and installation by providing matched precipitation from 25' to 25' (7.6 to 10.7m)
- Standard rubber cover for extra protection. 5000 Plus Series features a green cover while the 5000 Series features a black cover
- 40-360° arc rotation and reversing full-circle rotation in one. (A non-reversing full-circle only unit is also available)
- True 4" (10 cm), 6" (15.2 cm) and 12" (30.5 cm) pop-up (measured from the cover to the nozzle
- Heavy-duty cover assembly for extra durability in residential or commercial applications
- Heavy-duty retract spring assures positive pop-down
- Pressure-activated multi-function wiper seal protects internals from debris and assures positive pop-up and retraction
- Additional O-rings and seals for extra protection in "gritty" water
- Five-year trade warranty.
- Stainless steel riser helps deter vandalism on public turf areas (4" and 6" models only)
- Pre-installed Rain Curtain Nozzle on most popular 5000 and nozzle combinations
- Seal-A-Matic (SAM) check valve holds up to 7 feet (2.1m) of elevation change to prevent puddling and erosion caused by low head drainage
- Purple cover for easy identification of non-potable systems
click to enlarge
Part-Circle units (PC) are adjustable from 40–360 degrees.
Full-Circle units (FC) are 360 degrees only.
Note: Many models are available with a 2.0 or 3.0 nozzle pre-installed. NP and SS versions come standard with a SAM, PRS available in 5000 Plus
- Precipitation rate: 0.20 to 1.01 inches per hour (5 to 26 mm/h)
- Radius: 25 to 50 feet (7,6 to 15,2 m)
- Radius may be reduced up to 25% with radius reduction screw
- Pressure: 25-65 psi (1,7 to 4,5 bar)
- Flow Rate: 0.73 to 9.63 gpm (4,2 to 36,6 l/m)
- 3/4" (20/27) NPT female bottom threaded inlet
- Reversing full and part circle adjustment 40° – 360°
- Full circle only adjustment 360°
- Pop-up height: Shrub; 4" (10,2 cm); 6" (15,2 cm); 12" (30,5 cm)
- Overall body height: Shrub: 7 3/4" (19,7cm) 4": 7 3/8" (18, 5 cm); 6": 9 5/8" (24,5 cm); 12": 16 7/8" (42,9 cm)
- Exposed surface diameter: 1 5/8" (4,1 cm)
Note: Pop-up height measured from the cover to the nozzle. Overall body height is measured popped down
Optional PRS Feature
- In-stem pressure regulator (PRS) reduces operating pressure to 45 psi (3,1 bar) for optimal nozzle performance
- PRS saves water by:
- Eliminating head-to-head pressure variations
- Eliminating misting due to high pressure
- Improving nozzle distribution uniformity by operating the nozzle at optimum pressure
- Maintenance-free design can be easily retrofitted into existing 5000/5000 Plus, T-Bird™ and Hunter® PGP™ (using UPG model) rotor cases without digging up the entire body
- Pressure: 25-75 psi (1,7 to 5,2 bar)