ESP-LX Basic Controller
The easiest to use commercial controller
The ESP-LX Basic Controller offers basic irrigation programming options you need for commercial sites. The simple dial makes programming the controller straightforward, and easy-to-understand menu options guide you through set-up. The ESP-LX Basic is the first controller to offer both English and Spanish on one dial.
With 48-station capacity, four independent programs and up to eight start times for each station the ESP-LX Basic offers flexible scheduling options. Basic water management features such as Cycle+Soak™, seasonal adjust, station delay, and SimulStations™ are available to meet unique site requirements.
Simple, Three-Step Programming.
Basic irrigation programming can be done using minimal dial positions. Additional programming options can be accessed through the Basic Setup and Station Timing dial positions.
Two Languages, One Dial.
English and Spanish are both on one simple dial making it easy for everyone to install and maintain.
Larger Station Count.
Get more stations out of the box with the ESP-LX Basic as compared to competitive commercial controllers. The ESP-LX Basic base model has 12 stations and has capacity for 48 stations using 4-, 8- and 12-station modules.
Water Management Features:
- SimulStations™ – Operate two stations simultaneously.
- Station Delay
- Seasonal Adjust
- Sensor & Master Valve Programmable by Station
Create a customized default program that can be automatically recalled up to 90 days in the future. This allows a temporary schedule to be created for new seed or a fast fix.
Enhanced Diagnostic Feedback™ with RASTER™ Wiring Test
External alarm light and on-screen messaging alert the user of conditions that may disrupt controller operation.
Expand the ESP-LX Basic from 12 to 48 stations in four-station increments using SM4, SM8 or SM12 station modules. These easy-to-install modules snap into one of four bays on the controller chassis. Dynamic Station Numbering eliminates numbering gaps between stations for easy, confusion-free programming.
The ESP-LX Basic Controller has two mounting options, an optional LXMM Metal Wall-Mount Case and LXMM-PED Metal Pedestal. The ESP-LX Basic standard plastic case field installs into the LXMM and can be wall-mounted or attached to the LXMM-PED for free-standing controller applications. The LXMM and LXMM-PED use powder-coated steel for years of rust-free operation. The pedestals are also available in stainless steel, LXMMSS & LXMMSSPED.
Add a Rain Bird® Rain/Freeze Sensor to your ESP-LXME to save time, improve system performance and can enhance your reputation as a water management expert. Learn more about Rain/Freeze Sensors.
- Plastic, locking, UV resistant, wall-mount case
- Optional Metal Case & Pedestal
- 12-station base unit expandable to 48 stations with 4-, 8-, & 12-Station Modules
- Large LCD display with easy to navigate softkey user interface
- Hot-swappable modules, no need to power down the controller to add/remove modules
- Dynamic station numbering eliminates station numbering gaps
- Weather Sensor input with override switch
- Master valve/pump start circuit
- English or Spanish language with a simple turn of the dial
- Non-Volatile (100- year) program memory
- Standard 10kV surge protection
- Front panel is removable and programmable under battery power
- Compatible with Rain Bird Landscape Irrigation and Maintenance Remote
Water Management Features
- SimulStations™ are programmable to allow up to 2 stations to operate at the same time
- Water Windows by program
- Cycle+Soak™ by station
- Rain Delay
- Programmable Station Delay by program
- Normally Closed Master Valve programmable by station
- Weather Sensor programmable by station to prevent or pause watering
- Program Seasonal Adjust
- Global Monthly Seasonal Adjust
- Input required: 120 VAC ± 10%, 60Hz
- Output: 26.5 VAC 1.9A
- Power back-up: Lithium coin-cell battery maintains time and date while nonvolatile memory maintains the programming
- Multi-valve capacity: Maximum two 24 VAC, 7VA solenoid valves simultaneous operation plus the master valve, maximum two solenoid valves per station
- cULus [US and Canada], FCC Part 15b [US], CAN ICES-3(B)/NMB-3(B) [Canada].
- Width: 14.32 in. (36,4 cm)
- Height: 12.69 in. (32,2 cm)
- Depth: 5.50 in. (14,0 cm)