CS Series Centrifugal Sand Separator
Rain Bird CS-Series Centrifugal Sand Separators are designed to separate abrasive particles before they can enter the irrigation system, keeping equipment clean and clear of debris to minimizes the amount of maintenance required on the irrigation system and increase operational efficiency.
- No moving parts
- 150 PSI carbon steel construction with threaded or flanged inlet/outlet connections
- Polyester powder coated for long service life
- Non-ASME code standard construction (ASME code construction available optionally)
- Capacities of 4 to 8300 gpm
- Simple installation (no electrical required)
- Efficient pre-filter to reduce sand load on downstream components
- Options include: automatic purge package, manual purge package, wall brackets, and support stands
How it works
Liquids and solids enter the unit and begin traveling in a circular flow. This centrifugal action throws heavier particulates towards the filter walls and eventually downward in a spiral motion to the separation chamber. The particulates collect in the separation chamber and are purged manually from the system. The filtered water is then drawn to the separator’s vortex and through the outlet.
An optional automatic purge controller and valve can be used on all applications to automate the purge process, which eliminates the need for manual flushing. Small vertical design separators may be wall mounted or supported by the system piping.