Innovative elbow design reduces pressure losses by over 50%
Looking to enhance the performance of your golf course irrigation system? Rain Bird swing joints are the perfect solution.
Featuring superior flow characteristics and excellent structural integrity, these swing joints are designed to deliver the performance you expect from Rain Bird while saving you money. They are available in a wide range of configurations.
Rain Bird swing joints are the perfect complement to our Golf Series Rotors.
Also Available! NPT to ACME Adapter
If you currently have NPT Swing Joints, you can now begin using cases with ACME threads by using the Rain Bird® NPT – ACME Adapter. No tape required. Just screw it right on top of your NPT swing joint (Rain Bird or competitor!) and screw the ACME case to the adapter.
Available for both 1 1/4” and 1 1/2” swing joints, the adapter only adds about 1 3/8” to the installed height of the rotor and is rated to the same operating pressures as the Rain Bird Swing Joints.
Rain Bird Swing Joint Features
- Superior flow characteristics through an innovative swept elbow design* that reduces pressure loss by over 50% compared to other swing joints. With an available enlarging outlet or reducing outlet (no additional adapters required), you can save money using smaller diameter swing joints with many larger rotor heads.
- Excellent structural integrity from the swept elbow design reduces the costs associated with fatigue-related failures.
- Double O-ring protection provides a better seal ensuring joints are kept clean and can be repositioned more easily. When Rain Bird swing joints are assembled under water, a unique pressure-relieving vent* bypasses trapped water from the joint threads, preventing O-ring damage or extrusion.
- Modified ACME outlet improves safety by losing seal engagement before losing thread engagement during rotor removal. This provides a visual indication that the system is still under pressure.
Color-coding and distinct size markings reduce costs by eliminating errors and improving installation efficiency with quick size identification at the job site.
- Enlarging outlet swing joints are easily identified with a separate color-coded outlet.
- Threaded inlets are oversized making hand tightening and blind installations (under water) easier. This also reduces the risk of potential damage caused by over-tightening with a wrench.
- An available triple-top outlet configuration allows for easier adjustments when turf height changes or rotors settle. It also provides greater flexibility in setting the rotor to the grade.
- Pressure Rating: 315 psi (21,7 Bars) @ 73ºF (22,8ºC)
- Diameters: 1" (2,5 cm), 1 1/4" (3,2 cm), and 1 1/2" (3,8 cm)
- Lengths: 8" (20,3 cm), 12" (30,5 cm), and 18" (45,7 cm)
- Inlet type: NPT, BSP, ACME, spigot, metric spigot, socket.
- Outlet thread type: NPT, BSP, or ACME.
- Enlarging NPT, BSP, or ACME outlets are also available on 1" (2,5 cm) and 1 1/4" (3,2 cm) swing joints for connections to many rotors with 1 1/4" (3,2 cm) and 1 1/2" (3,8 cm) inlet sizes respectively (no additional adapters required).
- Reducing ACME inlet is available on 1 1/4" (3.2 cm) swing joints for use with a 1 1/2" Service Tee outlet.
- Outlet configuration: Single-top or triple-top.